Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Attention Alert important information

I made an inadvertent mistake. I'm paying for it over and over. I'm spending my days NOT answering my cell phone. Don't let this happen to you.

On a sparkling fall day, I walked into the Loft in Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. They had a great sale going on and even more off if you opened an account. I didn't think anything about it. I often open store credit cards for the perks and sales and pay them off. No biggie. My first error in judgment--No biggie.

New card came, bill came, paid for my purchase. Didn't go back over Christmas because I wasn't shopping for that sort of thing. But around Thanksgiving I started getting, every Tuesday, a call and voicemail to call World Financial Network about a "personal business matter." I ignored it and couldn't do anything about it because the number doing the calling was blocked.

Starting yesterday, the calls are coming hot and heavy. No longer unknown. No voicemail. And from Ohio, Denver, Kansas. All the same thing, although I don't answer them. I've looked it up on the internet. It's them, calling, calling, calling. Different numbers, different locations, but the same thing. They called 8 times yesterday and 3 times already today.

This is an attempt to sell me other of their products. I don't owe anything on my Loft card. I am so angry I can hardly stand it. I will never shop at these stores again and obviously I'm closing this account. Don't open store accounts. And seriously, Ann Taylor, how could you let yourself get hooked up with these guys?

No comments: