Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy anniversary to me

No not that one. That's another month away. This marks one year that I decided to begin exercising every day for an hour. And I didn't give up in the middle. And I lost 15 pounds.

I am so pleased with myself. And I'm shouting it from the rooftops because I am usually my own worst critic. I don't write enough. I don't clean enough. I don't garden enough. I haven't finished everything for Christmas yet. You get the idea.

And I never stay with things like this. I've started an exercise routine a zillion times. This time it worked. Several things contributed immensely to my success this time.

First, Fittv. Simply knowing an exercise routine was available basically whenever I wanted took the time element out of the equation. Having a DVR to expand the time choices available helped tremendously also. So I could (and have)do a routine from 5 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. Pick one.

My own schedule being as flexible as it is also made it great. I never lost the only chance I had to exercise by having a bad night's sleep or having to be anywhere. I could do it anytime.

And my own determination improves all the time. I still don't like doing this, but I do it anyway. I even managed to swim most days on vacation.

And in January, David started using the treadmill every morning. It encourages me to keep on keeping on. Having someone else to commiserate with really helps.

So it worked for some reason. And I'm so very glad it did. Both of us look and feel better. It literally improves the quality of life.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you! I am not so diligent in what I need to be doing, but hope to open up some free time in my schedule someday soon, and THEN...watch out! LOL

Great job! <3 HK